Tuesday, 23 February 2016

A maternity style challenge with Bonprix

In each of my four pregnancies I have always had the same thing going on when it comes to the combination of clothing & my ever growing baby bump. And that is the fact that I literally grow all up front, leaving it very  hard sometimes to find certain styles to fit around me despite not putting any noticeable weight on anywhere else really (other than the fluid retention that naturally goes on in pregnancy!)

I've found that I can still fit in all my normal trousers, jeans but towards the end i've really lived in leggings to be honest, In this pregnancy and sometimes in my previous pregnancy, I mixed up the leggings with maybe using over the bump tights (not necessarily maternity branded) with a fitted jersey dress. I only have a couple of these at the moment but i've found them to be the most comfortable thing for my 'pumpkin' shaped bump up front. Not restricting underneath my bump like some trousers can do, and i'm not sure why but in each pregnancy (we worked out the other day that we will have one from each season!)... I've never really felt comfortable wearing the lovely flowing dresses, or relaxed swing style dresses or anything thats not fitting in some way when heavily pregnant as where I have small boobs, it will just bounce off my pointy bump and either make for a ridiculous shape or make me look ginormous!

In this fourth pregnancy of mine seeing me expecting through the winter seasons through to when I will give birth in the Spring, I have been living in cosy & comfortable items, this definitely includes chunky knit jumpers that fit nicely to my bump, or the dresses named above, or jeans, vests with my pumps - totally needed for a busy school-run Mama. I've also loved wearing my fur gilet which isn't ideal with rain & has now popped a button right from the point of my bump! so second best was my trusty 'Fat Face' parker coat - which sadly, is not designed for a bump.

I was then contacted to collaborate with Bonprix who are running a 'maternity style challenge' who offered me to search their website, and choose something to style. Now I came across a couple of things I liked, including this dotty cardigan with over the bump detailing, the leggings look of high qualitythis pack of tops look so comfortable and I love nautical colours too.

For me though, the ultimate 'no-brainer' (as it's still pretty chilly each morning - particularly on the school run) was......yes! you guessed it, this lovely looking parker coat. My current parker is navy, so for me I wanted to choose a shade which brightened up my mornings with a more vibrant colour & I opted for the scarlet red.

I am almost 34 weeks pregnant now and this coat (which I have not taken off all week) has been such a hit. Given that we're now back in to the swing of school runs each morning its just helping me to embrace the comfort in these late stages.

What I'm loving most:

Super handy zips on each side: such a great element especially for pregnant Mamas like me who just literally grow outwards into a point on the front!

Deep pockets with button fastening: Perfect for all the junk your little want you to look after, or for you to hide a stash of chocolates - no joke I did this the other day!

Overall quality: When receiving an item of clothing from a brand i'm not familiar with i'm sometimes skeptical, but I was instantly impressed with this coat and put it on as soon as I opened it when going to the park with my little ones, the faux fur hood lining, the thickness of the coat, length of arms (I have long arms!) all get my vote.

The colour: So glad I chose the red! I know my styling is pretty simple here but red is just such an easy colour to work with, I have worn it with numerous other outfits that have different shades, patterns and styles all together and its just very adaptable yet stylish.

These images are from our trip to the museum last week, the weather was dreary and cold so I kept it simple with layers, jeans, pumps and hat (all from H&M)

Striking a pose with Mama.
"Your new coat smells lovely Mama"
Awkward posing outside a museum was a must before it pelted down with rain ;)
As mentioned above, I have been living in comfortable clothing in these late stages, and have been teaming the lovely scarlet red parker coat with this outfit in the photo from our trip to the zoo. I have been meaning to show the versatility with each outfit but have literally forgotten to photograph every one! but you get the idea :)
* I was kindly sent this product for the purpose of a review and entry into the 'Bonprix maternity style challenge', all photographs, words & opinions are my own. 

The coat retails at 49.99 and I totally think it's worth every penny. 
Please do check out their maternity range :)

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Natalie you look lovely...I'm doing the challenge too and thought for a second we had chosen the same jacket hahahahha I've a bright red one too but its a bit different :) I agree with you though, its nice to have a vibrant jacket, especially one that fits the ever increasing belly! x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig