Sunday, 4 October 2015

In life, there comes surprises...

You may have noticed that things have been a little on the slow side here lately, well for the past few months really. It's been a whirlwind to say the least, we've been having lots of plans and work done on our home, family members that have been very poorly, lots of Mr working away or past the little ones bed time and I've been quite poorly too. After having lots of tests, weeks of waiting that still continue to amount up with some of the results which has been very confusing and worrying all the same. We can now safely say that we have some incredibly shocking (to us) yet undeniably exciting news to share with you all. 

We are expecting our fourth bundle of joy in April 2016! 

We've known a few weeks but wanted to have the reassurance from the dating scan that everything was fine before announcing to anyone and with my readers. And to be honest I think where i've been feeling so ill this time I needed to just let the dust settle a little bit first. I won't go into too much detail but it's made me have some health worries but I'm gradually feeling better each week now. It's been bizarre as even though I felt extremely tired with the others at this stage, I've never felt as bad as I have in recent weeks! So we kept the news to ourselves and even kept it from the girls until the scan this week. We all went along together, they had no idea where they were going and then we waited patiently while Mummy was having 'funny jelly on her tummy that wouldn't taste very nice'...the light went out, they were eagerly sat on daddy's lap wondering what was going to be on the television in front of them... I think by this point Yve's had a had an inkling and as soon as the ultrasound started - their little faces lit up with happiness. Phoenix slept through it as it was his nap time - lucky enough really as for some reason at this age, all three of them have been very worried when people are prodding their Mummy, but I'm so glad that the girls had that special moment together.

I'll remember the look of sheer joy on their faces forever. 

Walking out of the maternity unit it was then that we knew it was time to tell the close family members as their girls couldn't contain their excitement! I on the other hand have always found this part really awkward and left the job to Mr T or now in this case it was happily down to the girls. I'm not sure why I feel so silly, I think it's just because I get all tongue tied and just await the comments of "Are you mad"? ha. It was so funny when we went to my mother-in-laws, we walked in and Yve's said "My Mummy has a baby in her tummy", and then Halle followed with.. "My Mummy has a baby, she's left it in the car" (on about the scan photos! It was so adorable and so funny. We then face timed my Dad, where we just put the little ones on the screen and they announced - happy and shocked all round I think, along with the other few close people we told. Until now, we haven't said anything really, It's just something I don't really like to blast about as it is such a delicate time, and especially where i've been feeling rotten I've just wanted to get as much quiet time before it was announced.

When we told everyone we was expecting our second baby, we made it a little easier and put Yves in a t-shirt with a slogan saying 'I'm going to be the best big sister' - we still had some very funny reactions from everyone though, but our most memorable was when expecting our first - I wrote a diary from that day and i find it so funny to read them back. I think it's a wonderful thing to document this stage in life, no matter how many times you go through it. I have this one diary, that has notes from all three of my pregnancies and will continue to do so with this little one. I love to look at how similar they were, or even how different. To read back on certain weeks where I still need a little reassurance to maybe some symptoms or just having a tough day. I have also photographed my baby bumps each time, and even though I didn't know about blogging then I wish I did! But here's to sharing with you little elements into our fourth and more than likely final pregnancy.

I had so many lovely ideas on how to announce, but to be honest I think with everything that's been going on, keeping it as simple as possible was the key for me. 

And in this form of simplicity, say hello to our lovely little baby, who was also happy to give us a 'hello' back. 



SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Congratulations!! What exciting news :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Such exciting news and so pleased it's finally out hehe! Bump twins ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in a world of my own that its happening, crazy but obviously lovely all the same. xxx

      Delete
  3. WOOO!! Massive congratulations! How exciting! I can't wait to keep up with all your updates as your pregnancy goes by. I hope you feel better soon lovely, I found the first trimester so so hard! Sending lots of love :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the first trimester always sucks bad eggs! i've been very fortunate not to ever have sickness, but always extreme fatigue, this time its been a completely different ball game with added health issues.. exciting though :) x

      Delete
  4. Such exciting news!! I'm so very happy for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! Thrilled for you! What a lovely little brood you will have!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, congratulations Natalie, that's such lovely news! Hope you start feeling a bit better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm slowly feeling a bit better, xx

      Delete
  7. wow! CONGRATS mama! And what a scan pic! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know It was waving and doing somersaults, the girls were amazed! thank you xx

      Delete
  8. Wow, what wonderful news!! Life for me has been a bit crazy lately so I haven't been blogging much or reading blogs over the last few months and haven't popped into your little corner of the internet for a while, so what a lovely surprise when I did! Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy, hope things go smoothly from now on. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, big surprise for us but very happy x

      Delete
  9. Oh how lovely!! Massive congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations again lovely - sometimes the best announcements are the simple ones x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations lovely!!! Such fab news, I'm very happy for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! And I hope you're enjoying your travels xx

      Delete
  12. Such great news! So many expectant bloggers right now, it's making me broody for number 3! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many! its crazy, ah three is a fab number too! x

      Delete
  13. So many baby announcements,... firstly HUGE CONGRATULATIONS hunny that's amazing. Secondly what a blogger baby boom I love it. Hope all is going well so far. Four is a magically number I think. I have always wanted four!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. Means the world your linky support. #sharewithme

      Delete
    2. Thank You Jenny, I can't believe the baby boom! bonkers! XX

      Delete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig