Friday, 10 July 2015

Loving the little things 2015 - 28/52

Read

I've been reading lots of things this week. Continuing the Toddlercalm book, I'm loving this book, Sarah's philosophy is something else, such a gentle and thoughtful read, Really recommend if you have a fiesty little one at times! Not only that, her words ring true is so many ways, a book you can relate to is always a good one in my eyes. And also started taking some advice from the 'Happy Hair' guide by Lucy at Lulastic blog, the Rye flour is such a good tip! My hair feels silky soft!

On leaving school and doing what you love, Along Came Cherry - I relate to this post so much, and Jess puts it so clearly here. Having an idea is by far the thing thats sets you apart from what life 'should be lived like'. Formal education can be good yes, but its not the be all of everything. Actually having an interest in something, having a burning passion is the meaningful part that will take you places.

60 historical photos worth thousand words. - Fascinating images.

Watched
I've actually watched two movies this week! Even if I did fall asleep at the end of the second won, I think it's still a winner! ha.. They're not new out but I love cheesy rom-coms!
Both starring Drew Barrymore, I think she's fab, ever since her E.T role! 
'Going the Distance'
'Blended'

Wore
My Mr Comfy's
My legs seem bullet proof to fake tan too so i've still worn trousers a lot this week, love my shirt though another bargain and it has such a lovely detail at the back!
This girl was so excited that she finally found her other Cath Kidston shoe, its been missing since we moved! it was only in a bag in her room! so excited!

Heard
Lucy Rose - Like an arrow. Heard this on the radio in the week, love the lyrics. Any song about love i'm a sucker for (or an emotional wreck!)
I think Ella Henderson is fab, to go along side that beat... I can get lost in music like this imagining that I am sat relaxing on a beach, or dancing like a looney on my own!... (or actually doing that second one... not holding my hairbrush microphone or anything....)

Made
Mixed berry smoothies, looking lovely next to my bargain rose plant that I got for £2.50!

The girls 'made' some special memories by camping for the very first time with Daddy, they lasted all night! 
I made a lovely Chicken Katsu curry..


Lastly
So recently I have been thinking about so much, over thinking maybe. Everything from schooling options, to my blogging/photography/career? future. It can sometimes become a burden when you have so much passion for something but things don't seem to be going very far, all the time and efforts you put in and for it to not amount to much. it can be quite disheartening, this goes in the respect of me trying to start making money from my little space here, using my skills to make a living and knowing its something i'm good at, but its just about it being 'my time', and for now i'm okay understanding that its not quite yet, I'm yet to prepare for something better. That being said, I am remaining realistic, not putting on silly amounts of pressure and remembering - we're all here doing what we love, we can all be awesome in our own way telling our own stories.

So on a lighter note, Mr T won a prize in a raffle the other week. To hire an Audi for the weekend, so he's decided that he is taking me for surprise meal tonight, no idea where but really looking forward to it. My Dad is coming to watch over the littles who will probably be in bed by then anyway, and tomorrow i'm on a silver jewellery making course all day so the 'made' section here will be a bit more exciting next week!

 Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with But Why Mummy Why with:
butwhymummywhy

You can find me via my 'Say hello' page in the menu up top!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh I love the Toddlercalm book, and the babycalm one too- the first time I read Babycalm it was like someone had written down how we parented, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely know what you mean about overthinking, especially about blogging and career stuff. Sometimes it is worth just remembering it's our space and doesn't have to be like everyone else.To me, your blog and photos are beautiful.

    Think I might need to get the Toddler Calm book! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to what you've put at the end, it can be so disheartening when things don't go the way you hoped they would especially after a whole load of hard work. Hang on in there lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a really long comment and I don't think it went through!! I can't even remember what it said now either, annoying! Thanks so much for mentioning me and your lovely words :) I think it's natural to feel disheartened sometimes when you work so hard for something but don't achieve what you were hoping for. I'm always feeling frustrated at not getting where I want to but I think the most important thing is to not give up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camping in the garden looks so much fun! What a great idea. That curry looks amazing too. Sounds like a great week. Have a wonderful weekend lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet camping trip :) it's so brilliant when you find something you thought was gone forever, especially something from Cath Kidston! Smoothies sound delicious...hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that they camped in the garden together. What a precious experience! I love katsu curry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow not sure what to say I love the most those shoes, camping posh on a bed, that curry at the end or your lovely mixed berry smoothies. What a gorgeous #littleloves

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig