Sunday, 14 June 2015

A little trip to the museum

{Ordinary moments 2015} - 24/52 - A little trip to the museum.

I've mentioned before about how I love our Wednesdays. These are just the usual, ordinary days when we spend time together as a foursome. A lot of the time we like to take a refreshing walk to our lovely local park or nature reserves to do treasure hunts, go for hot chocolate and cake dates or have a simple day at home relaxing. This week though I thought it would be fun to take them to see 'the dinosaur bones' at Pitt Rivers museum. I have fond childhood memories of this place and couldn't wait to share it with them. I just love walking around this area as it is filled with so many beautiful buildings, the stunning colleges (which I use to work at when I was 15 waitressing and loved it!) Theres something so lovely about knowing how historical this place is and all the facts to go along with it. For now though, I wanted to focus more on the much talked about dinosaurs. The girls obviously understood it a lot more than Phoenix but he did enjoy having an explore, feeling the textures (of the things that were allowed to be touch!) and just taking it all in. The girls were mesmerised by it all, I think at times they felt a little overwhelmed as it started to get pretty busy with tourists, but with reassurance they were off exploring once more.

We spent just under an hour there as Phoenix was due his nap, and so we went home for some lunch afterwards. Before leaving, we popped into the little gift shop where the girls had the choice of choosing their own 'special treasure' to buy and keep forever. I have mentioned before that they have these magical little obsessions with things like rainbows and treasures so they were so excited to be taking their own piece home! Yve's chose a huge chunk of 'fools gold' and Halle chose one that resembled the pattern of a dalmatian dog (something she's very fond of!).

 I know some people may think that they're still very young for these type of things and that I am bonkers for doing the trek on my own with three under four and a half, but in all honesty - we have fun doing these things. I love to spend this time with them and feel so thankful that I can do these things. Any adventure we go on as a four, or especially when Daddy is home, they enjoy the unknown, the fact that they can ask copious amounts of questions for what we're doing, seeing, experiencing, people watching, and just as I said with Phoenix - taking it all in. 

Talking of treasuring things, this is what i'm doing with the time we spend together. Especially on our Wednesdays when we are as a four. Yve's is due to start primary school (hopefully flexi-schooling hours, more on this soon!) so for now I am really embracing these moments. I could talk forever about the past four and a half years with her at home with me and to be honest - i'm an emotional mess at the thought of her going to school, this stage of anyones parenting journey just goes way to quickly for my liking. Along with this, Halle will be due to up her nursery hours from 3 to 15 a week as she can't wait to have more of 'her Halle fridays' at preschool. So this time I spent with my little trio will be changing from September once again, i'm not ready for it and who knows how it will all pan out yet but for now I am cherishing every single minute with them (even in those times when Halle covers her whole face & body in black stamp ink, Or when Phoenix has unravelled an almost complete knitting project or when Yve's is asking me if she can get dressed at 5:45am.) 

All these things mean the world to me.

"You go in first okay"
Exploration
Silly parcel van!
Showing baby brother the way
"Look in there!"
"We can do great balancing Mummy"
"Why isn't this open?"
Making plans
How is this one three already!
She's becoming her own little magical person.

A little movie of our trip.




Linking up with the lovely Katie at Mummy Daddy Me.
mummy daddy me
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Beautiful children! Love the video too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such gorgeous children! It looks like you had a lovely day, especially as you were able to share a place that was special when you were younger with your littles. I hope that the transition in September goes smoothly for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great place to go on a little outing. I love the video too and the song. Your children are so gorgeous. They are so sweet together. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're bonkers at all for going by yourself, there comes a point where you just have to go places or you'd never go out and I know I find the more we do it the easier it is - and Pitt Rivers is awesome, do you remember when there was a tardis on the front lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really lovely day out. You have taken some wonderful photos to capture the memories from your day. You know your children, you are not bonkers for taking them out, it looks like you all had lots of fun so keep doing it! #TheOrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pics are absolutely gorgeous :) what a lovely day out. The parcel force van made me laugh out loud haha x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig