Thursday, 11 June 2015

Let them be little - Little shop keeper

This was by far one of my favourite games as a child, playing 'little shop keeper'. 

I was so pleased when my girls asked me to play shops, using their little till and wooden play food, and sometimes even being 'library ladies'. So this gave me the idea of creating an even more 'real' version of the shopping by collecting a load of our recycled boxes to give it more of an authentic feel to the game. 

I love to watch my girls when they're using their imaginations, creating little scenarios, and of course their witty conversations. I'll be honest and say that depending on the time of day, or if they are super tired, getting irritated they can sometimes have a little squabble about who's going to shop first or who's going to play the shop keeper the longest etc, but over all it actually helps the situation by letting their minds explore.

I have such fond memories of when I use to play this game, I remember setting it up on Christmas morning and feeling so chuffed, being in my element, my own little magical and innocent world. I use to love the pretend tins with the Heinz labels on them too, the tin of baked beans being my favourite! When I use to go food shopping with my Dad I use to play the game their too, we would pop to Asda, I would take my little plastic red, yellow and blue trolley and help him with the shop, making sure I had all the best stuff including tins of bubblegum lemonade and feeling so giddy over carrying tins of 'beer' (shandy). The girls do this too when we go shopping, loving to assist with the shop, and also trying to sneak in so many bags of sweets its unreal! The staff would not like me at all if knew it was me filling up that basket under the check out of all the unwanted stuff the girls like to collect.

Its a magical thing watching your children play a game which was such a loving part of your own childhood, all the same things being re-lived, except these two lucky girls have this game to play together.


*I have been so busy that the let them be little link wasn't live last week. I have been wondering whether to keep setting the link up or not as I only have a couple of people linking up with me at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love to read your posts, and i'm so happy you guys have been taking the time to link up. Its a little element I feel so passionate about, embracing everything about our children 'being little', And a lot of my posts are based around this anyway so I will continue to write about these things, just maybe not set a link. Who knows,  i'll keep you posted, but otherwise you can just leave a comment with your link and I will definitely still read them! Let me know what you think, either that or get sharing the linky to anyone you feel would love to join in with us! :) 

Little Jam Pot Life












SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Aw love this! Sienna loves shopping at the moment, I want to get her a little trolley and till :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post - I used to love playing shops too! It's lovely that they have each other to play with - my older brother wasn't much good when it came to pretend games!
    I really like the let them be little linkup and would have been back sooner but ended up taking a bit of a blogging break as I've started back in work. I'm getting back into the swing of things now - I'd love to co-host if it would make it easier for you.
    Alana x
    www.babyholiday.wordpress.com
    #letthembelittle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little shop game, it looks like they are having a great time! My two little ones love to play cafes, where they prepare 'interesting' combinations of play food for me to eat...cornflakes with mushrooms, mud and mangetout anyone?! Yum! I really like the link up and have discovered some lovely new-to-me blogs through it x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig