Friday, 8 May 2015

Loving the little things 2015 - 19/52

Read
This really interesting post called The legacy of a narcassistic parent. Really well written and really makes you think. I want our littles to forever feel loved, and for their voices to be heard, feelings made valid, unconditional love. I also really enjoyed reading this post called The importance of playing puttering and pretending.

I've also read here that I have over 100 draft posts, whoops. I have so many ideas buzzing around my head, thoughts, pictures. i'll get there eventually... lol So keep a look out for lots more ramblings (crap) from me!

Watched

My first google hang out hosted by Hayley at Shutterflies blog! Hayley sent a little invite for a 'Living Arrows' hang out and I felt so nervous but so glad I sat down and got in front of the camera, actually 'meet (kind of!) the lovely ladies I've been speaking to for a while through this wonderful world of blogging. It was so lovely to talk to Hayley, Amber, Carie, Kerri-Anne, Maria, Lauren, Donna, Emma & Hayley. When the video call ended I felt so inspired and happy that we'd all just got one so well in such a short space of time considering we'd never met in 'real life', general chit chat along with the blogging and photography talk really inspired me.

Lovely to learn how everyone does it their own way, and in some ways alike each other. 

Can't wait until the next one! 

Wore
The girls wore their new dresses from River Island Mini. They're so adorable, and you can't see in this photo but they have cut out hearts on the back!
My bargain shirt, usual skinnies, and jellies.
  
Heard

Whenever Uncle James comes round, the girls instantly ask him to put Michael Jackson on the tv so they can see his dancing. Yves favourite is 'Bad', and Halle's is "Halle you okay" ;)

Made
Made our 'work in progress' kitchen a little floral with these we picked from the garden.
I made faces in porridge only to be reminded that "You forgot the legs Mumma". Thanks Hal.
I never liked mushrooms until Mr B & I got together when he convinced me to try them, now they're one of my favourite ingredients in meals!

Purple sprouting broccoli
Salmon, with this..sounds completely bonkers but I improvised a bit and added a hash brown, it really worked!
I also really fancied baking some simple cakes for us to enjoy without feeling guilty eating them. I have a very sweet tooth but am really trying to find alternatives. So when I came across these I couldn't go wrong.
Two bananas mashed up with a cup of porridge oats & choc chips - lovely bite size nibbles.
lastly..
I've left this post a little late once again as I am up to my eyeballs in everything right now. I'm currently sat here at 11:15pm finishing this up and reflecting on the past few years as this is the eve of my 26th birthday...
So when you read this, I will be waking up to my birthday cup of tea, seeing my beautiful little childrens faces in excitement to show me the cards they've made me and secretly hid from me (they're behind the sofa!) and I will be one year older... and finally realising that it's about time I start to religiously use some sodding anti-aging cream. ;) Hope you have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

Linking up with But Why Mummy Why with:
butwhymummywhy

You can also find me at...




SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I am SOOO sad I wasn't home to join in the Living Arrows chat. I think it was a great idea. And it's always nice to meet inspiring people. I hope Hayley does it agains so I can join in. Love your quotes here too. SO lovely. Hope you have a lovely weekend. #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! And yes it was lovely chatting to you on the Living Arrows chat - I had so much fun I was just sorry I had to go to put little miss to bed - hopefully next time she'll be asleep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was so lovely to chat to you guys x

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope you're being totally spoilt rotten!
    Ooh the Living Arrows chat sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for the next one :)
    Salmon and Hashbrowns... 2 of my favourite foods... I'm starving at the thought of it!
    Hopping over from #littleloves
    Have a fab weekend!
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, Ah thank you, was a lovely day xx

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, friend!

    It was so lovely to 'meet' you and some of the Living Arrows gang this week - I can't wait for us to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plateful looks amazing! And as for that cherry blossom photo....stunning! Hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope you've had a great day :) all your food looks delicious, I must try those cupcakes, I have such a sweet tooth as well. Your girls playing in the blossom is such a lovely photo :) have a fun weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lovely one, hope you're well xx

      Delete
  7. Ooh silly phone, I did comment earlier!! I love the articles in your read section and have shared them on

    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you forgot me! Was lovely to chat with everyone. Only my 2nd hangout but was lovely to speak to bloggers/photographers I've not yet met but read their blogs/follow on instagram.

    My OH hasn't managed to convert me to mushrooms yet, and don't think he ever will. Those porridge bites look delicious. Might have to try those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bum, I'll amend! I thought I had everyone! sorry. Definitely chat again xx

      Delete
  9. Hope you had a great birthday! Anti ageing cream at 26! I'm sure you can leave it a few years yet ;-) Love that blossom pic! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, haha, im not convinced - i feel old! x

      Delete
  10. Happy belated birthday lovely! Hope you had a great day. I absolutely love that shot of your husband shaking the blossom onto your girls! So sweet.

    I love that last quote too. So true.

    Have a lovely week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a lovely birthday! Gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day. Your Living Arrows hang out sounds like great fun xx

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig