Thursday, 7 May 2015

Let them be little - Flowers in tiny palms.

An act of kindness, thoughtfulness, a small but meaningful gesture of love.

Having a gift as simple as a picked flower handed to you by your littles is something so precious. Well to me it is, and forever it will be. Something so small yet it can impact you in more ways than one. I love the reaction on my girls faces when they see how happy I am and sometimes with the occasional emotional eyes caused by them choosing a dear little bunch of handpicked flowers and saying "here Mummy, they're especially for you". 

It means the world to me.

This is something I never want to grow old.

I know that as my littles do blossom through the years, this tradition and act of love may fade in regards to flower picking, and will be substituted to a different way of affection, exploration. but for now I am going to embrace and take it all in. They know how much I love to make our home look pretty with lots of florals, they do too! We've even got a little DIY project coming up linked to this.

I often see some parents not really taking notice of their little ones when in their own world, I've even seen parents brush off their children when being handed the simple thing that is, a bunch of flowers. Wether they are the best bunch, or some wilted dull weeds - its a big deal for them. what they think is magical, some may not even consider thinking about or making a point of how beautiful they are. 

I love to see the magic light up in my girls eyes when they find something that is really special to them. Children thrive off of knowing that they're making people happy - mine do, in the best way possible. I hate the thought of their world ever being crushed if I didn't think that bunch of flowers/weeds were truly something amazing. 


 
Fancy joining in your precious little memories? I'd love to read all about them! 

Thank you to those who linked up, I love reading your special moments. And thank you to those who linked in the Instagram hashtag Letthembelittleproject. :)

Little Jam Pot Life
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Oh I love it when the girls bring me flowers - I'd had lots of primroses out of the garden recently and daisies when we're out and about - I'm just looking forward to when they have the motor skills to make daisy chains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did daisy chains the same day as these photos, Yve's got the hang of it but halle was happy picking dandelions. :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post. It made me smile, and then I thought about your post again yesterday evening when we were out on a walk and LO picked me about 200 dandelions :) He was so thrilled to give them to me and looked utterly heartbroken when his daddy threw his on the floor!! I was so cross with him and made him go and pick them all up! Mine now take pride of place in a trusty jam jar in the kitchen ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, so true. Little A is absolutely fascinated with flowers, it's so cute. Gorgeous blog. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, ah its a magical world at their age especially x

      Delete
  4. Such lovely words, I get offered all sorts of things from Lucas and I love it. He picked up some blossom on his way into school a few weeks ago and gave it to one of his friends waiting outside, I was so proud of him then the little boy tried to give it to his dad who wouldn't take it, because it was a flower!! He tried to make him give it to me instead, I was shocked, my husband would have taken it without question and been proud. Love that yours collect them, so beautiful xx #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to make them feel like what they've picked is the biggest deal in the world, they need to see it don't they? if we dont see the beauty and magic like they do. I love that they really think things through and know their intentions when picking them, in their own little worlds. completely amazing x

      Delete
  5. This is a lovely post. I have to say that I am nearly always in the moment with my little girl - I'm not sure she'd let me be any other way! But I'm happy to be immersed in it as I know it's already going too fast. I don't really get parents who seem switched off around their kids...#sharewithme

    http://motherhoodtherealdeal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, its a wonderful place when you visit the world in which your littles live in :) x

      Delete
  6. Aww! What a lovely post! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so sweet that they bring you flowers. Love it. Great captures. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig