Friday, 10 April 2015

Sunshine and Rainbows

Our happy place is being at home together. We finally moved to our new home last Saturday, the girls didn't get to see it until we had got all the stuff in, they stayed at Grannies until the big reveal to them - they were so excited as they had only seen a couple of pictures prior to this.

The first week here has been lovely, a huge change to us as our old home we were (and still are) fond of. we made it our perfect little home sweet home, the place we made memories, had fun & felt safe and sound.

Happy.

One of the simple things we loved to do was be silly with face paints. The girls requested to be rainbows & sunshine on Wednesday, so thats what we did. Phoenix had gone for a nap, and I am just really enjoying spending time with these two before the end of Easter half term when it's back to the part time preschool runs. They were going to paint my face too, but Phoenix woke up and wanted feeding, gutted! that's usually the best bit! 

Miss madnut
How on earth does my little girl look like she's 12?
This little girl has a heart of gold.
Reminds me so much of myself when I was this age.
I love moments like these with my littles, especially my girls as they thrive on engaging with you. They love to make fun things happen, get creative & explore everything. I've been told that even though these times are hard in parenthood, they're also the 'golden years' - I completely agree. I want to embrace, be present, & encapsulate all these little things, I don't want to miss a thing. Time is whizzing by, this funny thing called 'life' is incredible, yet so bittersweet. You want to watch your babies thrive, and grow beautifully yet you want to freeze time forever.

We bought these face paints from Hobbycraft if anyone wanted to get some, they're fab :)
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh those pictures are ADORABLE! Your family looks like the best fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful as rainbows - and so lovely that they're happy at the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos, face painting looks like it was a lot of fun! Wishing you lots of happiness in your new home! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they just look so happy. What a wonderful moment to capture x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such adorable pictures. I used to love face paints when I was young.

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig