Thursday, 2 April 2015

Signature Afternoon tea at The Royal Horseguards, London

A couple of weekends a go, Mr & I had our very first date day since having our three little children. We've had little moments here & there but less than I can count on one hand, but this was a whole day almost. I had booked this 'signature afternoon tea' including a glass of 'Laurent Perrier' champagne for both of us via Groupon. The main purpose of me booking was for my Mr's belated 30th birthday present & I was searching for days to find the right place, I found some nice deals in Soho, The Ritz, & a couple more, but this one caught my eye as the reviews were good and it seemed pretty relaxed - the perfect spot for us in need of some chilled out time together.

While waiting for our selection in the lounge area on comfortable seating, we enjoyed the lovely glass of champagne, then arrived our very elegant looking cakes and sandwiches. We also had little mini burgers which were delicious! The selection of teas available were of such a variety, but we both fancied the very amazing (but some might say boring) 'English breakfast' - this was received very gratefully as in our eyes - you can't beat it! Especially when displayed in a very fancy tea pot & being loose leaf tea - oh the flavour!

The delicate yet very tasty pastries & cakes were divine, bursts of flavour & vibrant colours went down very well, sometimes having too much of one thing can result in the flavour being lost or too forced, but this wasn't the case. The evenly & well portioned servings suited us just right. And... I need to add that this was the *first* time either of us had tried macaroons - instant win! I've heard people rave about how delicious they are, and now we know why! The staff were very friendly, kindly explaining the flavours of our treats, showing us where the nearest toilet was, offering more tea when needed and with smiles too so thats a bonus.

While sipping on our champagne still (I was pacing my one glass due to not being a big drinker!) we were then presented our mouth-watering our freshly baked scones, home-made preserves & the best part - clotted cream. They tasted so good! and went perfectly with our pretty teapot full of delicious loose tea!

I would definitely book an experience like this again. Mr & I were on about booking another one including an over night stay some time this year (when I feel relaxed enough to leave the kiddies!). The interior of the building is very smart, and looks so luxurious, If the weather was warmer we did want to go out on the terrace which has stunning views of the London eye but after me not feeling well after the journey to London, we decided it was best to remain inside in the warm and cosy chairs.

I would like to thank this wonderful hotel for its hospitality and for enabling my soulmate & I to have a peaceful & relaxing few hours just the two of us.

Its a lasting memory that will stay with us forever.

 
 
 

If you fancy treating someone you love to a date, I highly recommend The Royal Horseguards, London. Here's the menu for the afternoon tea.

Here's a little movie of our day including the tea. This will also feature on other posts related to this day :)


*I paid for this afternoon tea in full, 
I just really wanted to give an honest opinion as we thoroughly enjoyed it here*

To see our full London post, click here.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That looks absolutely immense. There are few things I love as much as afternoon tea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! I do love afternoon tea, it feels so indulgent

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig