Sunday, 26 April 2015

{Ordinary Moments 2015} - 17/52 - Our Friday mornings

Each Friday morning, the girls both go into preschool 9-12, they get so giddy when they know it's Friday soon, telling me everything they want to play, or what they're going to make for Mummy and Daddy. As much as I miss my sweet girls, i know how much fun they have there and it makes it a bit easier for me knowing that they're happy there for the short time. Mondays, Tuesday's & Thursday mornings are spent with Halle & Phoenix other than Wednesday's, when I spend the day with all three of my little people. What we usually do is go to playgroup or the park or lovely charity shop hunts and these days are a blessing to me too, our everyday life.

Friday's are lovely in a slightly different way as It enables me to have some quality one to one time with my darling boy, Phoenix. Wether we go back home to chilled out, go to run some errands or just potter about until the girls are finished, Fridays are a lovely time for me to reconnect with him undisturbed, the same time I spent with each of my girls before we had more children if that makes sense. And he deserves that time too, as do I. I remember the time with Yves before Halle came along, and the time when Yves went to preschool one morning a week then it was Halle and I having our one to one time. Now, Fridays are Mummy & Phoenix mornings and they feel good for the soul. A chance for me to solely focus on my little toddler who is leaving babyhood behind to explore all that's around him. 

The past few weeks he has been taking some steps, but this week he's kicked it up a gear and walking loads. Friday morning we decided to pop to the shops, farmers market, charity shops and the park. We usually go as a foursome or with Daddy too at the weekends but Friday I wanted to let him run free without me being distracted by the girls showing me their skills at climbing (even though they're super awesome!) it was so lovely to get down to his level, watch him thrive, run after the pigeons, point and recognise the helicopters, show me the swings, and just being a complete character to anyone who spoke to him. My darling boy is growing at such a fast pace that we need this time. Time to spend with one another rolling around in the grass, singing nursery rhymes and to just be silly - all the things I've done with my girls. And still do when we're all together. 

What's also really lovely, is that he gets all excited knowing we're going to pick the girls up, just as I do! Yet all of that excitement gets to him every time as he falls asleep almost every time before we get there! Once he wakes, he gets a lovely hello from his big sisters & a huge family cuddle then it's back to being our foursome. 

Until Daddy comes home that is :-)

Linking up with the lovely Katie at Mummy Daddy Me.
mummy daddy me
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I can completely relate to this as it's lovely having time with Little Man when LP is at preschool and part of me is looking forward to LP starting school in September as it means I will have the whole day with Little Man to go on adventures and do more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its something special isn't it. especially when you know how lovely and beneficial that time is for both of you, and remembering that time spent with your other littles before xx

      Delete
  2. Aww this is so lovely Natalie. I only have LO so don't know what it's like having two, or even three to spend time with, and also have quality one on one time with each of them. Your friday mornings with Phoenix sound so lovely. He looks to be doing so well with his walkimg. How old is he now? He's such a little cutie! look at that smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's 15 months old today! walking for about a week now without help. They're a wonderful time and i treasure them x

      Delete
  3. Ahh this is beautiful Natalie. Love the photos as always you capture gorgeous ones all the time. I really need to get my dslr fixed pronto. Miss taking great captures of my two.This is such a lovely ordinary moments. #ordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, these are Iphone shots here but I do love my DSLR so much, even though i still find it tricky at times with the settings :) xx

      Delete
  4. Ah such a lovely lovely post Nat and your love for your babies shines through- you almost made me think having another one would be a good idea- almost! haha! It's so great having one on one time with them isn't it? I love having it with Mads and LL. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, this is why i started this blog, for them to remember our little life, ad for me to as well. I want them to remember how my love is unconditional through every aspect in life! Yes, its lovely having one on one time, my problem is feeling guilty still when not with the other(s). but I know deep down it's healthy and good all round to get this time. :) xx

      Delete
  5. So precious to get one on one time with your children. I see how much their lives are enriched by each other, but sometimes its good for them just to have some Mama-time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post! Phoenix looks like he had a lovely time in the park :) I only have one, so I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to have 3, but I understand how special one on one time must be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its lovely to be together but also lovely focusing solely on one little at a time when in that moment x

      Delete
  7. Oh that's so lovely to get that one on one time - it's really hard to do with a third baby isn't it! Pip used to have me to himself a couple of days a week when he was tiny but with Elma home too it's the rare half hour or so when Daddy takes the girls to the shops and I absolutely make the most of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can be tough Carie can't, but we do what we can don't we! :) xx

      Delete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig