Monday, 20 April 2015

Living Arrows 2015 - 16/52

Baking is something we love to do as a family. Time has been short recently but the other afternoon while baby boy was having a nap, I thought it would be fun for the girls to get their 'bake on'. Being a parent you often (all the time) have your littles asking if you can do things, craft!, bake! be a climbing frame! and so on, and sometimes it can be tiring especially when you have so much going on around you. 

The thing is, its these little things that they ask for that can be a blessing in disguise, a moment for you to let all the other things go, the house hold things, mess, blogging deadlines etc. just for a moment you can do what feeds the soul for everyone is to reconnect with your littles, through the climbing frame, crafting or simple baking.

Its safe to say that the jam exploded out of these after cooking but still delicious all the same. And kids thrive when they see the results of what they've made, it's beautiful to see them learning, doing things their own individual ways, commenting on each others, complimenting even. its a wonderful thing for bonding too. 

The girls had left over dough and I suggested for them to make some more using their imagination in their play kitchen, Yve's made a fab lady whereas Halle decided it was good enough to eat! 

I love little moments like this, simplicity.

Special time with my girls.
Living Arrows
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love baking with the kids too. Your girls look like they're loving it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love baking with my sister at home. We always had such a fun time. Your girls are so tidy, bet they had a blast x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they can be the most messy pair when they want to be!! x

      Delete
  3. Love the concentration. N loves baking but gets bored doing it with me. Yours have to have been better than my last jam tarts - I forgot that they were in the aga until over an hour later. Oops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baking with my girls is probably one of my all time favourite activities - even though they both follow Halle's lead and are convinced we're doing it just for the licky scrapers! Lovely pictures and a wonderful moment for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the "can I lick the bowl and spoon" is always said even before we've begun lol x

      Delete
  5. These photos are oh so sweet, I love their cheeky smiles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet photos as usual. We love making jam tarts too!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig