Monday, 9 March 2015

Living Arrows 2015 - 10/52

Bath time baby.

My little baby boy loves his bath time. It could be at any time of the day ad water is an instant win. I love to watch him as he is waiting so eagerly to just get right in and splash, he even tries to lift his legs and climb in on his own! Theres something so divine about a freshly clean smelling baby too, I love to scoop him up in my arms all safe & dry, snuggle before we get him ready for bed and take a huge sniff of his beautiful baby hair, kiss his sweet cheeks and gaze at his adorable face.

I love the way he gets so excited when the tap is running, he loves to fill up the cups, watch as the water trickles through his tiny fingers, and not to mention how he loves to splash Mummy & Daddy. He usually stays in to have some fun with his big sisters too, but this little amount of time he spends on his own is something beautiful to watch. Its like a mini workout of balance, and something to help him relax ready before bed. 

Something I definitely want to try is more baths in dim lighting, or just using candles to light up the room (out of reach from him of course) but i've recently read that for babies, having the lighting too bright ca over stimulate to play as opposed to winding down for bed. So this is something I want to introduce for our little ones. The thing is, water is such a fun element for kids, they even like to have baths in the day too, or if they're exceptionally dirty from messy play, or from the garden, or just to have some sensory fun in the tub. I guess it's just trying to find the balance between the two of relaxation and playtime. 

Aside from all that thought (I am a constant thinker, could you tell?)

Here's my photos of my little Phoenix last week. 








The top one was also the image I selected to have as the featured one of mine on www.shutterflies.co.uk.

My top three from the contributors this week are:


Thanks once again to Hayley for hosting. Please check out all the lovely other links by some amazing bloggers over at Shutterflies blog by Hayley. click the icon below
Living Arrows
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Such lovely photos! #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried glo-sticks? I bought some at Halloween when they were in the supermarket and we set them off and put a couple in the bottom of the bath for a nice glow and there's no danger of setting fire to anything. We've also got a floating light that changes colour that the girls love to have in the bath although that might be a bit too exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not tried glo-sticks yet, we will give them a go! We've got floating lights. I think when we've moved I could safely light some candles to create a relaxed mood - this could work for when any of us have a bath! lol I need it too! x

      Delete
  3. I love the second shot - the little head just peeking out is so lovely, you sometimes forget those little things as they grow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly that, These are all the little elements I never want to forget x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! He's got such a beautiful smile :) My little boy loves the bath now but it took him a while to warm up to it, he hated it for months and months! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww he certainly loves his bath, too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such gorgeous captures! He's getting big so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What brilliant photos! My daughter was a water baby too! Have you tried adding glow sticks to the bath? That and some dim lighting and they'll play in there for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like he is having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh you can't beat bath time and those cheeky smiles. So adorable. Thank you so much for linky up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig