Tuesday, 31 March 2015

A very lovely date & afternoon tea in London

The time came for our first date day since having our littles! a proper one anyway!

After dropping the little ones off at Grannies for the day we set off on the Oxford tube to Victoria, we arrived inLondon about 11:45 and it was freezing! It's safe to say that I hadn't chosen the best clothing for the day and only took my black blazer instead of a coat! Knowing that we had some time to spare, we ended up making our way huddled together in the cold (after walking in a complete circle - typical tourists!?) to get a little snack before our afternoon tea at 1pm. Our first spot was a cute little place called Cafe Bella Maria. We both had the usual drinks of a latte & hot chocolate along with Tyrone choosing the goats cheese, caramelised onions, roasted peppers and fresh rocket wrap, I opted for the ever so healthy chicken, bacon & lettuce ciabatta. I loved just sitting and relaxing, watching the world go by and also loved the quirky interior elements. The cakes looked so good but we didn't want to spoil our afternoon tea coming up!
We then braved the cold to take our stroll to find the hotel, wandering the streets of a small part of London really puts it into perspective at how massive it is, Oxfordshire seems so small in comparison, The tall buildings, the busy commuters, the tourists, the busy shops - big city life. There were also a lot of protests going on, so a lot of police about which put us a bit on edge!
While walking on our journey, I unfortunately started to feel a bit funny. Quite scary really, I felt really faint, cold & my vision went a bit fuzzy. It's happened a few times before but not very often, but knowing I had my Mr with me helped, he wrapped his arms around me & made me feel at ease, safe. We then took it easy then we took a rest to stand and breathe. Over looking the London eye, just taking it all in. Time was getting on, so we made our way to the hotel which was just over the road, I started to feel a little less faint thankfully.

So... A couple of weekends a go, I had booked this 'signature afternoon tea' including a glass of 'Laurent Perrier' champagne at The Royal Horseguards Hotel for both of us via Groupon. The main purpose of me booking was for my Mr's belated 30th birthday present & I was searching for days to find the right place, I found some nice deals at Deanstreet Townhouse in Soho, The Ritz, & a couple more, but this one caught my eye as the reviews were good and it seemed pretty relaxed - the perfect spot for us in need of some chilled out time together.
Posing outside
We couldn't wait to get inside!
A rarity, but completely refreshing & lovely.
Stunning selection
It was such a lovely date for us, having time to focus on us, talking, holding hands, laughing at ourselves and just really enjoying being us, remembering that we can be an 'us' along with being a family & 'mummy & Daddy', we're slowly starting to realise that it's a good thing, and it doesn't make us any less better as parents to take time out for ourselves. it's taken a while but its a good change. That being said, we did talk about the kiddies a lot :) reflecting on our life as parents so far, how we wouldn't change it for the world, how they're growing so fast and we want time to slow down a little bit. That being said, it's also a good thing that they see Mummy & Daddy have time to enjoy too, to see we have love & time for one another. I know I would've loved to see this as a kid. Parents respecting one another, enjoying each others company, having time together to relax. 
Huge fans of cream teas we are... :)
A clip that isn't included in our movie was when i'm walking in this area, trying to be 'natural' and my skirt blew up, leaving me running back - both of us hysterical! Thank goodness for opaque tights!
We then took a lovely walk through St James Park, the sunshine was warm but the breeze still cold! Off to another Cafe we went...not before a spot of more posing though!
We also had a little peak at Buckingham Palace, not getting too close as it was mobbed with tourists!
We then headed back to catch the bus, eagerly waiting to see the little ones as it's the longest I've ever been without them! Waiting to give them some huge cuddles! The coach ride on the way back was lovely, I continued to read my book, Mr had a little nap, I just took it all in really. The peace, the views as the sun was setting, it was a good day for us, together.

Here's a little movie of our day.

If you'd like to read my little review of our Afternoon tea, click here.
A post in iphone pictures is up on the blog tomorrow :)

BritMums
Let's Talk Mommy
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Aw gorgeous pictures! I do love London its such a fab city! Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing I love so much about England is afternoon tea. If anyone was to ever ask me what I couldn't live without if I moved back would be scones and clotted cream and jam!!! lol I know crazy but it's amazing. This is so lovely and glad you got to get out and spend some quality time together in London. I wish I lived closer to London. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me. Happy Easter! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig