Sunday, 8 February 2015

{Ordinary Moments 2015} - 6/52 - Bugs, birthdays, and life.

Wow, how busy has the past week or so been?

On the 29th January we saw our little boy turn one. This seems to have come around so rapidly and it takes my breath away every time I sit & reflect at how fast life is going, how quickly our babies are growing. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I just want time to stand still for a moment, just so I can inhale it all, wrap my arms around it, squeeze, & take every single element in, to not miss anything. We also celebrated the Mr turning the big 30 yesterday & we both can't believe he is no longer in his 20's - even though he looks so much younger than me and i'm only 25! (lucky git, dam you sleepless nights & lack of anti-ageing serum!).
We have a family farewell party to attend today for his brother & wife, as they're going to live in New Zealand, the usual ordinary routine will continue in the week, then we will go to our much awaited 'date night' that got cancelled on Friday due to the power sickness bug that hit 3/5 of us (so far, eeek.), then we both have various things coming up including moving house. So to say the least - life is pretty busy.

Life, it's a funny old thing really, it seems to pass us by without any realisation to whats actually occurring, it takes over. Everyday routines become your life, & as much as you have the challenging days where it all feels a little complex, you also see the most amazing things unravelling - your little ones blossoming in lots of ways, relationships solidifying, different aspects of them changing every day, but in the whirlwind that is life, you sometimes have the feeling of not having enough time to just sit, and simply encapsulate and embrace it all. The chaotic moments of tantrums, sweet bedtime stories, the hair twiddling or hand stroking from tiny hands, the hard emotional & sleep deprived times, the infectious laughters, the sight of Daddy playing rough housing, watching as your children teach themselves something knew & have that huge sense of pride beaming from their angelic faces, the nursing & soothing off to sleep, the amazing witty conversations in the car or at breakfast, the loving looks and gestures we give and receive - All these things  and more, you sometimes miss out on when life itself just gets a bit much.

But do you know what? I believe that we are the masters of this wonderful thing we call life. In everything, there is always a certain level in which we can control in what we do, and how we do it. for instance; I know that when I feel all those things above, it's because i'm allowing life to take over. I know you can't hold the cards at all times, but in certain situations - you most certainly can.

I want to just stop trying to do it all, and just take note of whats going on. I am extremely pants at organisation at the moment, and this can cause me to end up stressing out if we're running late, or if I didn't have enough energy to prep lunches the night before and left it until the morning when I already have four of us to get ready and out the door by 8:25. This then results us on having that lovely conversation over breakfast, the giggles, the hugs and kisses, the feeling of more patience when tantrums do arise. I want to keep in the state of mind that I am enjoying life, and not beating the clock all the time. So now, even if I have been a little unorganised, I make sure that we just take time. no matter how stressful a day has been, if anyone is in a mood (usually me) I want to make sure the kisses are being given, the hugs being held for much longer, the conversations never ending and the feeling of life taking over can never really overpower us.

 I want to take more time for my soulmate, remember that we were us before any of this, I want to make more time for myself, to accept that its a healthy aspect of life to nurture your own needs without feeling guilty or that i'm not seeing to my 'motherhood role', after all - how can you care for others when you feel like you're running on empty some days?

So I think allowing yourself to slow down, pace yourself, and not let the everyday consume you is something to strive for. If you feel like this sometimes, then we can relate!

“It always seems impossible until it's done.” - Nelson Mandela

Here's a few images from the week... click the links above to check out the birthday boys posts!

This particular morning was when it hit me, instead of rushing against the clock, I just took my time, soaked up this moment & loved every minute of snuggling with my babies.

The life saver morning cup of tea

Poorly miss Halle having extra loves from Yve's. These girls are so affectionate its beautiful to watch.

Breastfeeding her baby Elsa while Mummy does the same for Phoenix

A tiring week...

Feeling better now!

sleepy morning

making cards

concentration

How can she be four already? :(

A right pair :)

Never a dull moment

Birthday, bugs & life - all very ordinary moments. Hopefully the bug wont hit anyone else here, and we can get back to living our life, slowing down, and taking it all in - one step at a time, cherishing and embracing it all. 

mummy daddy me
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oh that's a beautiful post Natalie and all so very very true; it's so easy to get swept up in the busyness isn't it. And yet the moments where we slow down and forget about at least half of the to do list are often the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, and you're so right. Life is so busy and you rush from one thing to the next, often getting stressed, but I find if I stop, enjoy and most of all, cuddle my little ones, I feel better and all seems happier again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO I got all emotional reading that! I love how you say "we were us before all of this" how true is that, and how hard is it sometimes to find even 5minutes togeth! I tried to recently quit being so bothered about the state of the house during the day and let them be kids, its felt so much better and I feel so much more involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to come across your blog today. I can totally relate to life passing by and just wanting to press pause on the stressful parts like work and commuting and enjoy the family moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post!!! Lots of ahhhhh moments in there :) hope the sickness bug stays away now!!!\
    Happy 1st birthday to your little guy too, nothing like a birthday to remind us how time flies! Xx}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to do the same! Take a minute to slow down. I' also very unorganised which leaves me stressed! Enjoy your date night non Friday, fingers crossed that you make it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby and I sat and watched a movie last night with no laptop, no tablet, no phones. We haven't done that in such a long time and it was perfect. We needed it and definitely need to put more time aside for each other. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you say "we are the masters of this wonderful thing we call life", I so believe this and I can definitely pin point when I just decide to soak everything up rather than focus on moving onto the next thing. My husband and I are so trying to make time for each other this year, so important and easier than we thought! Your kids are gorgeous and your pics made me broody! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post and photos. I am trying so hard to slow down and enjoy the moment at the moment too

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful post Nat and as always I completely agree with everything you have said. Such a busy couple of weeks in your house too! Happy belated birthday to your Mr! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig