Saturday, 28 February 2015

Me and Mine: A Family Portrait Project 2015 - February

This month has come and gone so fast, this year so far has flown by to be honest. we've had a lot going on, and upcoming events have made things seem to go even fast - including a house move which is imminent. 

We've said goodbye to some family members who have gone to start a new life in New Zealand, we've said a happy 30th birthday to my Mr, a happy 81st birthday to my Nan, we've enjoyed some lovely dinners out with friends, and a 'date night' together - the first in about four years! lovely days at home, the usual routines along with a busy half term. So it has been a very hectic but lovely month. 

The weather has been up & down but we're making the most of the rainy weather with cosying up on the sofa in the evenings, having lazy weekends, and spending time together indoors before we prepare to get moving home. Don't get me wrong, we are really looking forward to spring too, as we love getting outside more spending a lot of time in the garden, and it's also a complete joy to watch the little ones have fun, and get involved with them too. On the other side of that, I'm not 'wishing' time away, I want to soak up all these ordinary days with the bleurgh weather, I want to take one day at a time and not want for it to be over yet.

This is potentially the last full month we will spend in our home. I am so sad about this, as it holds so many memories despite us only living here for 3 years. The first place we had on our own as a family of three, we've brought home two newborn babies here, we've overcome so many heartbreaking events here, and came out the other end - happier than ever. I love this house, but life is about change, and experiences that shape us. We are super excited about the fact we will have a bigger home, a slightly better area, and also enabling me to start working properly from home part time around the kiddies. Not to mention the opportunity to have the biggest clear out/declutter ever! simplify and live less distracted. it's going to take a lot of work making it our own as we've spent so much money in this home, Mr fitted all wooden flooring, carpets, a plush kitchen and breakfast area, my dad re landscaped the garden - it was a hell hole when we moved here but we made this house our home. Something I will forever be grateful for. That being said, I am excited about making the new home ours, I have so many ideas buzzing in my brain! and already got some Annie Sloan chalk paint for some DIY projects! (More on our moving situation soon!)

These photos for this month were taken on a gorgeously sunny (but chilly) afternoon one weekend at the beginning of the month when we were off for a family meal. The sun was glaring so we looked for some shade, set self-timer then we got a few nice ones! I love the top one! but thought i'd include the outtakes too!

As i'm sat writing this - it's Thursday (I'm being organised for once as i'm on a sewing course today! Trying something new and its the longest time i've been away from my little ones! odd! 'me time' is definitely needed though, creative me time especially!) anyway, we've got back from a morning at soft play, Yve's is at preschool until 3pm today, Phoenix is napping and Halle is having a little relax as she's tired from running wild! so I thought i'd sneak in this post so I know it's done, and look forward to reading all of yours when I get tie this weekend.

Have a smashing, relaxing weekend everyone! 





dear beautiful
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. These photos are brilliant. Aww the end of an era with moving, it is great that you came out of events stronger but maybe the fresh start is exactly what you all need, with more space as you said. Good luck with the move xxx #meandmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they're such sweet pictures! And your new house sounds exciting, even though it might be hard to leave your current home. I've brought home all three babies to the same home and I think I'd find it hard to leave those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i've brought two home here, its so bittersweet! x

      Delete
  3. Great photos! And I'm sure you will make your new home mean just as much to you all as the one you're currently in :)

    Alex
    www.bump-to-baby.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of you all, especially the first one. Sounds like you have had a very busy month and hope all goes well with your house move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of you all! I know what you mean about moving- it's so bittersweet- on the one hand it's so exciting that you get to move to a bigger house and get to de-clutter but also sad moving away from somewhere that is home and where there are so many memories. You'll be able to make lots of lovely new memories in the new house though :) good luck with it all! Amelia x #MeandMine
    www.ohlittleonesweet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous. I hope the move goes well. We moved almost a yea ago and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, Oh thats nice to hear xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photos as always! And please can you blog about your swing course I have a sewing machine that has never been out of it's box in 4 years aaah! I am so obsessed with the Annie Sloan paint - it is addictive isn't it! Good luck with the decluttering we did a bad job of it when we moved I wish I had been firmer on things!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I will do, I need to while its still fresh in my mine! Oh I can't wait to get started once we've moved! I love DIY! Loving your home transformation xx

      Delete
  8. Ah I love the second picture, very candid! Hope your house move wont be too stressful xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this was me saying - just talk or something 'normal' lol x

      Delete
  9. I think your post is so nicely written - it sounds like you are chatting with a good friend. A skilful thing to achieve in a blog post. Love your family photos. Good luck with your house move. I have never moved home as a family but I know I'd be having mixed feelings about it like you are. But one door closes, and another one opens, literally in this case!
    Kelly x
    http://twoboymummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that so lovely to read. Thanks, Im hoping its a smooth transition! x

      Delete
  10. Lovely photos, I like the one of you talking to your hubby! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia, it's a very 'pose - not pose' look ;) xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely photographs, good luck with the house move xx #MeandMine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh lovely family captures this month sweets. Your photos are beautiful! #meandmine

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig