Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Life and blogging with a fresh perspective.

I started this blog as a form of therapy at a very difficult time of my life. It helped me to just escape for a while, when I just had little Yve's and was pregnant with Halle, i'd blog about the positives, little trips to the park, crafting at home, the way she made me feel as a mother, to be honest I did write a couple of honest & open posts about some of the low days, I still do, and probably will in the future, as I think they are all a learning curve. but writing about the good helped me see the light.

 You have to experience the bad to appreciate the good even more. If I'd have known more about blogging sooner, then I would've started a lot earlier on, documenting more productively - but,  I am very thankful for all the diary extracts I have in my hand-written personal diaries, all the pictures I've taken, movies I've made still yet to be shared here. I'm definitely going to share some previous things from the dates before I 'officially' started blogging here as I love to write about them and it could potentially help someone else who's needing a lift, some inspiration or simply someone to relate to. So the dates will be a little out. I only started finding the time to put in so much more effort last year. I started to understand and grasp the way of blogging, the technical side, the social side, and the community. A community that I have grown to be so fond of. 

Everyone is so friendly (mostly everyone). 

 I think it's safe to say that I have always loved to write, I love the way you can get things off your chest, talk about what you love, what you're passionate about, things that inspire you, help others, and to just be you, through words & pictures.

I find myself so busy sometimes, pre-school runs, being a home-maker, tidying up, cooking, all the other things that are rolled into Motherhood, including lack of sleep, equalling lack of energy some days.
On top of all of this, I am trying to find a good balance of life. I want to be a better girlfriend, making more of an effort to still live a life with their Daddy aside from just being a parent - without feeling guilty. I do struggle with this as I am hardly ever without my little ones, so for me this is something new, and will take time to adapt to and not feel like a 'bad mum' for it. I want to remember that I matter too, my life as Natalie. To not let my passions take a step back because life just takes over - no matter how much I adore it,
 and some times it just gets too much.

Of course everyone needs their own time, but some days I would set up crafts for the girls, and think "Right, i've set that for them, now I can quickly blog this bit, edit those photos etc.) and then I would be thinking the same thing in the evenings when they're all in bed, it's quite addictive really, in good and bad ways. I know I want to better myself but its just finding the better balance of it all.
Aside from the world of blogging with a new perspective, I want to be there for my children, my partner, myself a bit more instead of trying to do too much. I love my little world of writing my words, but living life is more important. I love the unrehearsed moments when I can really connect with my children, which also reaches a better connection with myself.


So that being said, I am going to continue to write what I love, what fuels me & inspires me.
Doing less, with more focus.


Then theres the comparison.. 'Comparison is the thief of joy'.
I've read before, and it is definitely true. Once you allow yourself to be sucked into a comparison mind-set it's hard to get out. Let's face it we've all been there, I have just come to realise that you will never get anywhere comparing yourself to others successes. Everyone has different lives, different circumstances, talents and so on. I believe the way around this is to feel inspired as opposed to down in the dumps about 'not being a top 100 blogger', 'the best photographer' etc.

I am not going to give in and feel weak by comparisons anymore. 


I felt this way a lot growing up, never sure of myself around others, which led to doubt when I was on my own, suffering in my own little world, wondering who I was.

I want to blog about what fuels me.I am not going to give in and feel weak by comparisons anymore. 
I love to feel inspired, and its a much better feeling than comparing myself to others.

 They are themselves.

And I am me.


Aside from all the seriousness, I find it hard to look at photos of me. But this is who I am, even if I do have a freckle face & have inherited my Dad's nose ;)







SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Ah I love your freckles! Such a great post, I think we are all prone to making comparisons but it's definitely right that you should just write for you, and write what you love to write about x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you only can write as you and write for yourself; if you start writing for other people or with other people's expectations in mind then I find I can feel it when I write and it starts to become a chore and the words all stick and are awkward and I think you can tell when you read it back. You write beautifully and your pictures are gorgeous so yes please, just keep being you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - I need to do that more too #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And you are beautiful...and I also share your pain in inheriting your Dad's nose... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous post Nat and a gorgeous photo. I agree, definitely don't compare yourself to others. I started off writing every day, feeling like I needed to write because I needed to be seen or get my content out there. I soon failed because I just couldn't keep it up. I think a beautifully written post with photos once a week is far better than lots of posts that don't mean the same. You take the most stunning photos, you write amazingly and I love to read them. So just keep doing what your doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand this perfectly, other people seem to manage to excel at it all, yet the only thing we can ever truly be is ourselves. You sound like you've doing okay at that!!! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and definitely a wonderful outlook on blogging and writing in general. Comparisons are prevalent anywhere--especially in the blogging and writing world. It's a feat to ignore them, but an even greater feat to not succumb to them; and you've done a great job by declaring you won't do either. I commend you to write about your passions and what fuels you. Because at the end of the day, that's all that remains, and all that should matter. Thank you for such an enlightening post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post, it is so important not too compare yourself to others. You would pick yourself to bits, well I know I would. We are all unique and should embrace that x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right. Ultimately what matters is that you love to write, and for all the different ranking systems there are the most important thing to remember is that nobody can ever write about you as well as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want freckles! I remember putting a lot of it when I have this pen. You are so pretty!

    Lovely and honest post and I think you should go and continue writing. I too get sucked up into the world of rankings but can I just say that that is the escape for me. Something to bother me instead of thinking about what's really bothering me.

    This post made me think of so many things. Thanks for sharing such a thought provoking post.

    #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bloody love freckles! I only get a few that come out in the summer but I'd love more - they are so pretty. I am terrible at comparing myself to others too; I do it constantly but I am trying to get better at it. Great post xx #sharewithme P.S You have a lovely nose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a freckled face too! :) You are beautiful inside and out my dear. What a lovely and honest post. I love this. I feel the same. While I write a lot of fluffy happy days out and kids stuff along with my home decor and food I do like to share pieces of me that are more serious or difficult journeys I have been on like leaving home, my family and my culture. I have been blogging alot more about buba's health problems and the struggles we have had with him too. I think with our blogs we should share both as it gives more of a sense of the whole us. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo of you is just gorgeous x
    #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post, it really resonates with me. I have so many ideas of things I'd like to do with my blog, posts I'd like to write, but there is only so much time and I also want to try to be a better mummy, wife, employee, cleaner of the house (well maybe that one won't happen!) and so on. I definitely feel happier when blogging fits well into life rather than feeling like life is fitting round blogging or thinking about how I can turn everything I experience into a blog post. I also really admire those bloggers (like Kiran from Mummy Says) who have taken a break and come back refreshed. Like you say 'doing less with more focus' makes for better posts and happier people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love this post- I feel I can really relate to what you're saying. How long have you been blogging for Natalie? I started my blog Oh little One Sweet last March and I have often found myself comparing myself to others and then feeling down in the dumps, and then I'd feel like I had to post something every day and become obsessive about page views, but now I'm coming to realise and remember why i started blogging in the first place- to capture and document our memories as a family, to inspire us to do fun things together and to be inspired by others in the blogging community. Doing less with more focus is definitely something I want to try too, thank you for this post- I feel inspired! Please keep in touch as I love reading your blog :) Amelia xx Oh Little One Sweet

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig