Thursday, 29 January 2015

Happy first birthday Phoenix!

Happy first birthday to my koala bear baby.


From the moment I found out we were expecting baby number three, I was so excited. I had feelings of worry as I didn't know how it was going to effect the girls, but feeling you kick my tummy, and talking to you lots in the womb & especially when you arrived - they loved you from the start. Your birth was such an amazing experience. Not only was it so positive but out of the three, I definitely felt the most relaxed, and in tune with myself. I think empowered in the word. I just really can't believe that it was a year a go today that you blessed us with your safe arrival.

Your first week of life we had some amazing family photos done which I will treasure forever. I look back at those and just can't believe my eyes how much you've changed. With all the change, I can still see such similarities, like the little frown you have when you're checking people out, the way you love to snuggle so close into me, the chubby cheeks. I sit and cuddle you at bedtime, sniffing your sweet baby smell and it just takes me back to your early days, bliss.

You have always had such a sweet, kissable, gorgeous face, so much so that lots of people mistake you for a girl for having 'pretty girl eyelashes & eyes' - I just reply with, thanks but long eyelashes are for baby boys too, he's just fortunate to have better ones than me!

We had some difficult days with breastfeeding, I just assumed it would all be okay considering you were my third breastfed baby, but I soon realised that not all babies are the same regardless of being siblings. I think it was a mixture of things, but colic symptoms & thrush were the main reasons from around 6-9 weeks of age. we soon after overcome this and reached the 'blissful feeding' stage, I have really enjoyed our bonding journey through breastfeeding, still am. 

You're such a happy baby 99% of the time ( like most babies, teething interrupts this! but even then you are fine as long as you have extra hugs - Mummy's Koala bear baby to be precise!) you cut your first tooth at 7 and a half months old, shortly followed by the second then around ten months you started cutting more, you now have 5 almost 6 teeth popped through! I would say the only thing it has disrupted is your sleep, you've only 'slept through' maybe once or twice since you were born, and it is really exhausting on those nights when you seek more comfort and cuddles, Mummy does feel extremely snappy some mornings after and feel guilty for it, but it's all part of the process. You wont be waking lots forever, and for now I try my best to embrace those disturbed nights with the extra cuddles - even if I do have panda eyes most days!!

 You're so active now since you started attempting to crawl around six months old. You now have the ability to climb up the stairs at lightening speed, you're itching to walk unaided even though you do really well at cruising around the furniture from around nine months old. 

You've been on plenty of adventures, You made your first visit to see Great Nanny Pat at her home in Devon in March, Lots of weekends away and day trips in between (yet to be blogged!) we had our first trip back to Mudeford in November which happened to be your first time there. Plenty of family days out, your first time seeing halloween, & your very first Christmas. 

You have developed so fast it seems unreal, like a dream almost. 



Recently once we've dropped Yve's off to preschool, You Halle & I take a couple of trips a week to some playgroups which you seem to really enjoy. It's lovely to watch you just explore, get messy & learn. You really love the end of each session when it's singing time, as you can now clap your hands, and send massive toothy grins across the room at everyone you see!

Our morning routines can be funny too albeit a bit rushed sometimes, but cute too. You and the girls love to watch 'Little Princess' as I'm getting ready, you'll stand and do a little bopping dance to the intro music! 
You're so funny with you're little noises & expressions. You love to shout Mumma when you want milk, or a snuggle (my koala bear baby), or when you see that Daddy is home, I open the door for you to eagerly wait and whisper Dada. You also have the habit of sometimes talking in your sleep, as I'm right next to you I can hear you instantly "mumma mumma" cute but not so funny in the small hours!

Your birthday falls on a Thursday so we went with our usual routine of dropping Yve's off, doing playgroup and relaxing at home until picking her up again. Daddy had work so we waited for a while to do some more present opening as we didn't want him to miss out. We also had a lot of family visiting through the day who gifted you with some lovely presents, lucky boy!

The girls & I made you a special cake....


You had a fancy balloon - which you consumed a lot of glitter off of! ...


It was getting late, had been along day so we all sang a big happy birthday to our special little chap...



You were mesmerised by the candles. We did more than one so the girls could help blow them out with you, and also because the lighting can be rubbish this time of year, especially with the light off! 
We're going bowling tomorrow evening as our family outing to join with celebration for your birthday, something fun for you all, and the taking you all to a soft play on Sunday morning so you can play as free as birds, I hope you've had a special day my baby boy, you really are such a treasure and I am blessed to have carried you, nurtured you, watched you grown this past year, I'm so happy to have you in my life.

Love you to the stars & beyond.



Mumma xx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is such a beautiful post with absolutely gorgeous photos! Happy Birthday Phoenix! My little one is going to be one soon too, but reading this is making me totally broody for another one - three is just such a great number!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig