Sunday, 15 June 2014

Happy Fathers Day to my amazing Dad.

Over the years my Dad never ceases to amaze me. His outlook on life is something I find interesting & remarkable. He's opinionated, influential, head strong, independent, intelligent, loving, & much stronger than he thinks. He means more to me than he will ever know. He's always been my safe place, the one who I can talk to with ease without feeling judged. 

Strawberry picking July 1991


He's the one who I use to call after when I was sick in the toilet, knowing he was there by my side I knew i'd be safe, The feeling I had in my tummy at friends sleepovers was such an ache, I missed the presence of my Dad even though I was only a few doors down the road, I needed to know he was there. The times he would pick my brother & I up from my Mums house and I use to plead that it was my turn to stay at his - and of course he couldn't resist! We've seen some tragic, tough and heart wrenching times over the years and he just makes it seem as if its all going to be ok, and I trust him with that. One year was a particularly tough time for our family, and My Dad was my rock, he was there for me every step of the way and I couldn't possibly find enough words to thank him for that. He really is one in a million. 

March 1994

Sometimes I feel he underestimates himself, he doesn't value himself the way he should. One of the most admirable things about my Dad is that he has the "travel bug", he travels alone all over the world something I find brave, interesting to hear about and just completely awesome. 


One of my proudest moments was when I made the phone call to announce to my Dad that he had a baby grand-daughter, his first Grandchild. He has such a special bond with all three of his Grandchildren, and it really does make my heart feel so full. They absolutely adore their Grampy.

My Dad picks me up when i'm feeling down cracking lame jokes, or we'll have a chat about the old F.r.i.e.n.d.s episodes, the Hollyoaks garbage we both watch and so on. When I find that i'm doubting myself and my abilities in any aspect of my life, he's always finding a way to make me see sense. 


He sometimes asks me where I get my maternal instinct from. My answer is him. He's shown me that loving your child unconditionally is the best thing you can offer, and I carry that with me. I hope i've made you proud in life so far, It's an honour to call you my Dad, I feel very fortunate to have you in my life, and even more fortunate that my children hold you very close to their hearts too. 

Happy Fathers Day,

All my love,

Noobs x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig