Friday, 22 February 2013

Happy 79th Birthday to my dear Nan

This post today is to celebrate the life of my Nan.

I am so proud to be her grand-daughter, she has been one of the most influential people I have had in my life, she's been like a mother to me. I remember almost every holiday my brother & I went on with my Dad - Nan was there. Anytime Dad needed a well deserved break or night out - Nan was there (with her cheese & brown sauce sandwiches or home-made jam tarts, or butterfly cakes!) 

I think my Nan is an inspirational woman. She had a very tough up bringing in an unhappy home and to see the life she has led, the difficult times she has overcome (Major heart surgery, along with other major operations.) She got a BA Degree in modern history aged 73 at Oxford Brookes University. 

And to top it off, I will always be eternally grateful that my Nan became a Great-Nan to my daughters, they love her so much already! Especially Y-M! She knows what songs Nana Pat sings, the things she says & the way she say them. And what books Nana-Pat bought her!

Thank you for everything you have ever done, and still do for us. I hope one day I will become a strong-willed lady as you have been and still are to me. You never seize to amaze me in all that you do.

Quite simply - I love you Nan. 

Love Natalie. xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig